Watermelon Salad is a surprising mix of savory flavors including red ripe watermelon, red onion, feta cheese, Kalamata olives, mint and a hint of lime.
The combination of the sweet watermelon and salty flavors of feta and olives is delicious. This salad is wonderful all by itself or as a side to grilled chicken. Enjoy this cool refreshing salad on hot summer-like days.
Watermelon Salad with Feta and Mint
- 5 c. watermelon cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of kalamata olives
- a handful of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- A drizzle of olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/4 cup crumbled or chopped feta
- 3 cup of fresh baby spinach
1. In a large bowl, add watermelon, onion, olives, mint, oil, lime juice and lime zest. Gently toss the ingredients.
2. Place the spinach on a platter.
3. Place watermelon mixture on top of spinach.
4. Sprinkle crumbles feta on top.
5. Chill until ready to serve. (This can be made a couple hours ahead)