Zucchini noodles, zoodles, or zucchini spaghetti are perfect if you follow a grain-free diet … or not! Bursting with vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients, the Zucchini noodle makes a super nutritious alternative to high-carb pasta.
This recipe focuses on delicious, satiating meals that encourage weight control. The aim is to create meals that not only taste good and are healthy, but leave you satisfied. This is the way to creating sustainable results with your health and weight goals.
Raw Zucchini Noodle Summer SaladÂ
- 1 Large zucchini
- 6 Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Handful of rocket leaves
- 1 Garlic, minced
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- Zest of half a lime
- 6-8 Kalamata olives pitted and quartered
- Crumbled goats cheese, optional
- Thinly sliced fresh red chili or chili flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Make zucchini noodles â€“ if you donâ€™t have a spiralizer, use a potato peeler to make thick strips then cut them into thinner strips
2. Pop into a bowl with cherry tomatoes, olives, basil and rocket
3. Make dressing out of olive oil, lime juice, lime zest, garlic, salt and pepper
4. Pour on top of ingredients and gently mix together and if you have time allow to sit for 10 minutes, then itâ€™s good to go with an extra crack of salt and pepper.
5. Add crumbled goats cheese and/or chiliÂ if using