Kick off the holiday sweets season by sending guests home with this crunchy, easy-to-make-ahead Pumpkin seed brittle. This warmly spiced brittle also makes a delicious crunchy garnish for your holiday pumpkin pie.
Cinnamon Pumpkin Seed Brittle
Servings: 16 // Prep Time: 15 minutes // Cook Time: 1 hour // Total Time: 1 hr 15 min
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey (or light corn syrup)
- 1 cup raw shelled pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon flaky sea salt
1. Spray a parchment-lined baking sheet with nonstick spray; set aside.
2. Bring sugar, honey, and 3 Tbsp. water to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar.
3. Fit saucepan with thermometer and cook until thermometer registers 290Â°- about 3â€“4 minutes.
4. Stir in pumpkin seeds, butter, and kosher salt and cook. Stir often until pale brown and thermometer registers 305Â° – about 3â€“4 minutes.
5. Stir in baking soda and cinnamon (mixture will bubble vigorously), then immediately pour caramel onto prepared sheet.
6. Using a heatproof spatula, quickly spread out and sprinkle with sea salt; let cool.
7. Break brittle into pieces.
PRO TIP: Brittle can be made 1 week ahead. Store airtight, layered between sheets of parchment paper, at room temperature.