One of the highlights of spring is Windmill Farm Produce’s year-round farmers market, where you can buy all your fresh produce in our convenient open air market located in San Ramon, California. Currently dominated by root vegetables and greens, the offerings are relatively modest right now, but as the farmers market bounty grows, so should your consumption of salads like this one.
Spinach and onions are available now, and soon berries and crucifers will join them. This salad is getting increasingly delicious as the season progresses. Give this healthy, tasty recipe a try today!
Broccoli Strawberry Salad with Goat Cheese and Almonds
- 2 ounces baby spinach or lettuce, washed (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 ounce thinly sliced red onion
- 2 ounces roasted or grilled broccoli (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 ounce quartered or sliced strawberries (about 2 tablespoons or 3 to 4 small to medium or 2 large strawberries)
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted almonds
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- Salad dressing, for serving
1.Â Divide spinach evenly between two plates
2. Top each with red onion, broccoli, strawberries, almonds, and goat cheese.
3. Drizzle with dressing of choice and enjoy this savory dish!